Monday, July 21, 2008

A Noahism

Whenever one of our children would make a comment or ask a question that was just too fantastic to not pass on or to write down, we would call them a Natalism or Noahism.

Today, it was Noah's turn.

We were walking back to our car this morning and he heard someone beeping a car horn. He asked me, "Momma, why are they beeping their horn." I told him that I didn't know and figured that was the end of it. In all seriousness he then said to me, "hmm, maybe they are Israelie." OMG, I just about died with laughter.

As you know we just returned from a three week trip to Israel. This was a first for my husband and children and it's been 20 years since I was last there. All three of them definitely picked up on many of the Israelie customs, gestures and behaviors that are so common there. My husband and I always love to see the world through our children's eyes and ears. Oh, how I really wished that I could have called and shared it with my husband (who is England ) for he would also have been rolling on the floor laughing because it is sooo true!

1 comment:

Arrrteest said...

Isn't the internet a funny thing? --because I am indeed here in York and laughing hysterically about that. That is really funny, but absolutely a logical conclusion for him to make! I can tell you one thing about the drivers here: they are much more patient and have been tolerant of me driving around like a chicken with its head cut off!
It is amazing how and what our kids take in and try to make sense of. You just know he was mulling it around in his head before making that statement.